The June meeting of the PTG Dallas Chapter will be held next Tuesday, Jun 22, at Kelin Violin Shop’s Suite A, which is their recording studio and performance hall. The address is 3321 Premier Dr, Plano, TX 75023. It is close to 75 and W Parker Blvd.
6 pm: Food, fellowship and an area for those interested in information covering string splicing -- a repair from the technical exam. All are welcome to brush-up, learn, or give advice.
6:30pm: Business Meeting
7pm: Round table discussion on the questions below. The more people in attendance the more perspectives and takeaways we can have. That’s why we are also including a door prize, so bring a business card to drop in the hat for your chance to win.
- What do you do to stabilize piano legs when you’re afraid the piano will collapse?
- How do you tell clients their piano needs to retire?
- How do you present a repair that would benefit the piano without making a client feel like you are pitching something they don’t need?
- How can a beginner tech find ways to practice skills?
- What was the most beneficial class or seminar you’ve ever attended?
- What do you do if a client wants you to tune to something other than A440 or Equal temperament?
- In your experience, what are the 3 most common clicks you find in a piano action?
- What kind of technical presentations would you like to see this year?